Pages

Saturday, November 10, 2018

Feel Good Friday - On Saturday

Missed last night! In fact, I didn't even have control over my phone for the night and then it died.

K3 came over to get his birthday present and have dinner. We made mushroom curry and watched barbershop videos. He's rejoined a barbershop group and I'm so proud of him. He sang with a group a few years ago and he absolutely loved it. He even went to competition. And then stuff happened with the group and his work schedule and he couldn't do it anymore, so him going back is awesome.

So here's the list:

1. Living through the work week. It was kind of crazy. I didn't get to move my desk and I feel kind of cranky about that. I don't think the best choices for that were made, but it's something I have no control over. We'll see what happens with the rest of it...

2. K3 coming over. (see above) He loved his birthday present and the food we made. I love cooking vegan for him. It's fun to try new things and experiment. The mushroom curry was amazing and so easy. He and I are going to go shopping for Thanksgiving and he'll help me make some vegan dishes. And he'll have a ton of leftovers, which I'm always happy to provide for him.

3. Our coal finally coming. It was scheduled for Thursday, and then rescheduled for Friday, and actually came today. So now we're warm, which is good because it's freaking cold outside!

4. Getting the words on the page. I only missed one writing day this week, which is typical for a Friday night. I needed to unplug in a huge way, so I don't feel bad. I've already put some words on the page today, and I'll head back to it as soon as I switch the laundry.

5. I didn't get to sleep in this morning. See #3. Those dudes were here at 7am. Ugh. But I did go to bed kind of early last night, so... I will be sleeping in tomorrow though, which will be even more epic since I'm in the process of washing my sheets. There's nothing better than freshly washed sheets!

6. I haven't done anything with the basement yet today, but I'll get there once I get some words on the page.

7. Dinner is in the oven. Pot roast. It's cooking low and slow and should be super tender by the time we're ready to eat.

8. My plan of not going out this weekend isn't going to happen. I think I'll be okay today. I'm still in my jammies. K4 wanted me to go with her to get her new debit card, but I declined. She has to go back and pick it up in a few, and she's stopping at the store for baking supplies. I do think I'll have to go out tomorrow though, which is whatever.

That is all for now...

Behave!

No comments: