Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Thanksgiving Eve Eve

So That Man is making me watch Close Encounters of the Third Kind. I don't know why. I'm not even paying attention. It's pretty silly. He put it on while I was running around like a crazy person as a joke and it kind of just stayed on. Weird.

The grocery store was insane. Guess what everyone in this towns favorite vegetable for Thanksgiving is? That's right. Corn. One of our guests is bringing baked corn, but I wanted to have plain corn for the ones that don't like baked corn. Guess what we're having now? That's right. Broccoli! Ha!

The cashier smashed my buns because she didn't shut the belt off when she should have and then wanted me to go back and get another pack. What the heck is up with that? I had my buns and chips a the front of the belt, unobstructed, but since she didn't move the divider everything backed up and my poor buns were the victims. It was her fault and I'm supposed to run to the way back of the store and get more? Also, and this is my last b*tch, when the store is that busy  (two days before Thanksgiving) - and it was - why is there only three registers open and no baggers? Three registers of which two cashiers were brand new and one was so brand new, the checkout coach was with her the whole time. The guy that had pulled into that lane just went off complaining loudly. I should have done self checkout despite how much stuff I had. It would have been quicker and more efficient and my buns wouldn't have gotten smashed. Though, the cashier was super nice, so there's that.

Anyway. I got home way later than normal. Unloaded the packed full Jeep and then began crazy woman mode. K4 is home. That Man gets off early tomorrow. Not me. But by the time I get home, the rest of the cleaning should be done. We'll probably order pizza for dinner, and then it's time for baking and prep. Mr. B is staying over tomorrow night so he can help me with pies. We've made pies together every Thanksgiving Eve for the last two years now. It's something he loves to do and I definitely don't mind him helping. He remembered pie making and asked if he could come and help. So, yeah.. I'm totally good with that.

Actually woke up to him being here this morning. Another baby false alarm. We ate waffles together while we waited for his parents to get here, and watched weird cartoons. I made it to work an hour late. I hope this doesn't happen too many more times. It's eating up all of my vacation time in hour increments.

I did write the words. Just passed the 30K mark on this book which feels so amazing. My hope is to at least get my 50 words a day the next few days.

That is all for now!

Behave!

No comments: