Pages

Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Thanksgiving Eve

I just sat down...

Crazy day at the day job. Long meeting. Second long meeting. I was caught up and then one of the ladies who does the same thing I do transferred me a bunch of her cases (I asked her to. She had 66. I had nothing. Makes sense.) Friday is going to be crazy. We're at less than half staff, so who knows what's going to happen? Dang. I wish I was off!

Stopped for ice on my way home. Thankfully not the grocery store, even though I realized I forgot the cranberry sauce. Wasn't going to do it. Since the store was out of corn, I wasn't sure they'd even have cranberry sauce. Whatever. We'll do without it. That Man hates cranberry sauce so he doesn't care. I happen to love it and do care, but not enough to put myself in danger! Ha!

Got home and ordered pizza for dinner. White Pizza. That was amazing! I hadn't eaten all day, so it was most appreciated. K1 & J came over for dinner with Mr. B.

The cleaning was only partially done thanks to That Man throwing out his back a bit and running late from his day job. He did bring the extra table home that we need for tomorrow, so that's good. So tomorrow there is a lot to be done. Vacuuming. Straightening. The dining room is a wreck right now - platters and such everywhere. Oy! But whatever. It will all get done.

The pies are done, including a vegan pumpkin pie for K3. I'm not sure how that's going to be yet. So far it hasn't set up like it's supposed to. I'm hopeful though. Mr. B helped make the pie crusts and he really was a big help. I showed him how the crust was supposed to feel before the water goes in and how to roll it into a ball to let it rest. He stuck with me through three crusts before he said he was done and needed a bath. Little dude was seriously covered in flour. Ha! Before his bath, he helped That Man made pie crust cinnamon swirl "cookies". We put them in the oven and then he went and had his bath. I did the rest of the pies by myself, with some help from K4.

The turkey is in the oven doing it's initial high heat bake. I'll turn it down in a few to a temp just above bacteria growth and let it go until I get up in the morning. I don't want to hear your opinions on this. I have made my turkey, and my mother also did, for years and years. It's always fully cooked and we have working fire alarms, so...

Also, there's nothing like waking up to the smell of a turkey baking. It's seriously the best.

Tomorrow is going to be crazy good! Lots of cooking, which is super okay with me. I love it.

I also wrote the words tonight. Not very many, but four times the fifty that I'd planned, so that's good.

And it's bedtime...

Have a wonderful turkey day tomorrow!

Behave!


No comments: