Pages

Thursday, November 08, 2018

Is It Friday Yet?

What a week!

I have a headache. I'm exhausted. Why does gaining an hour feel like you've lost six hours?

It's only 9:15, but I feel like it's after midnight.

I have written the words. More than I planned for tonight, but I also discovered how the book is supposed to start, so that's definitely something cool. I've done pretty darned good this week, baby scare and all.

The day job - well, I don't even know. The new boss is super cool and I like her a lot. We've done one-on-one meetings with her and group meetings. We're moving all of the desks, too. I just don't know what's going to happen. She was with the big boss when we left for the day. She's with us for one more day and then goes back to her home office. I know what I want and I don't know if it's ever going to happen...

Anyway.

The weekend is soon upon us.

K3 is coming over for dinner tomorrow. And to get his actual birthday present. We'd given him "temporary" (silly) gifts to hold him over until his real gift arrived. I hope he loves it. No. I'm not telling you what it is, just in case.

K4 is coming home this weekend, which is good. She'd lost her wallet last weekend and lo and behold, some good Samaritan dropped it into a mailbox. We wondered why we had a postage due envelope, but today when we got home, her wallet was in the box. Nice! She has to get a new debit card, but thankfully, not a new license. Thank you, person, for having a good conscience and doing what you could to get this wallet back to her!

Also, my Jeep got some fixing up this week. It was our last appointment with the welder for the frame and now I have a most solid frame! It's so different. Apparently one piece was completely broken, which is why I felt like I was floating when I went over bumps and things. It's awesome now. Solid and amazing. We have one more bit of work to get done in the next year, but it's not too major and has nothing to do with the frame. I'm ecstatic!

Anyway. We were talking about the weekend.

I will sleep in.

I will continue to work on the basement. I was a beast last night and cleared the utility sink and two surfaces. You have to understand that I still have boxes in my basement from when we were working on the 'rents house. I don't even know what's down there right now, but it must be cleared out. I can't even think about getting to my Christmas decorations at this point. Not that I want to, but I will soon. It's definitely been a forgotten space. And now it's a space I need cleared.

I will also write and hopefully blow my word count out of the water.

It's supposed to be cold, which is fine. We will have coal for our furnace by tomorrow. And I hope to not have to leave the house until Monday morning. That's my plan, and it requires planning. ha!

That is all!

Behave!

No comments: