Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2018

Hello, Snow!

Okay, so I'm an *ss. It definitely snowed and a lot, and now it's sleeting.

It wasn't doing anything when I went to work this morning. By eleven, they said we were closing at two. By noon, several people went home. And then got stuck at the bottom of the hill of our complex. For like an hour or more. Those of us who waited were watching, we even took a walk down the hill to check it out. I finally left at ten until two. I waited at the bottom of the hill for about ten minutes while people slid out trying to get up the hill.

It was a super slow go after that. Roads weren't plowed, which was actually way better than the roads that were plowed. I still went the back roads. The highways were pretty much shut down. Actually, many of the backroads were shut down, too. I waited. And waited. And my clutch leg was dying. Like seriously.

I made it to the grocery store and ran in for stuff for dinner. We had a plan, but figured, what the hell, we might as well eat something we wanted. Chicken Alfredo. Awesome. It was amazing. It took me almost two hours to get home, which is nothing compared to other work people. People who left before me and were in traffic for over four hours. Oy!

This was actually the first snow day That Man and I have had alone together for freaking thirty years or so. It's been nice. We made the dinner together. We've been watching some dumb television and are having awesome conversation.

All of our kids are safe at their homes and that is comforting.

Who the hell knows what tomorrow is going to bring? It's still sleeting here. We're supposed to get like four more inches of snow overnight.

We'll see what happens...

Behave!

No comments: