Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Freaking Polar Vortex!

Holy Mr. Freeze!! It's freaking cold out!!

Currently it's -11*. Yes, negative eleven. We have an advisory until late tomorrow for wind chills of -20*. WTF?

The Jeep never warmed up enough for me not to feel like my fingers were going to break off. Partly due to the fact that I ripped my back window up pretty good the other day (stupid groceries). I mean, ripped it again. I can't unzip it, bring it in and patch it in the warm, because the zipper is too worn to re-zip. I need a new top, which is on the agenda for this spring. It's a waste of time to get one now. But, the temperatures are supposed to hit the 50's on Sunday, so hopefully we'll be able to complete a patch job.

Plus, I'm pretty sure my water pump is going out (and maybe my thermostat). It's literally one of the only things we haven't replaced, so it's logical, but also a pain in the butt.

Anyway. The day job is crazy, but we have some optimism now. The bosses have a plan to help and it seems like they are actually listening to us. They've made some changes to work flow and listened to our suggestions. It's still going to be rough for the next little while, but we're hopeful. And they've opened up overtime, which will help.

They made a change early this week that is just not working, but I'm hopeful that we'll get it figured out. It was a great idea, but it's resulting in much more work for me especially - though I can't figure out why.

I'm going in early tomorrow. That Man is going to drop me off so I don't freeze to death on my way in. I have an hour to make up from the forced snow day, and the rest will be overtime. I've already taken my shower so my hair doesn't freeze and break off in the morning. I'm not excited about getting up an hour plus earlier, but I'm happy to get caught up and have a little extra cash in my pocket.

So early bedtime now...

Behave!

No comments: