Pages

Tuesday, January 01, 2019

Happy New Year!!

Whoot! 2019! Bring it!

I have no idea what this year has in store for us. I'm looking forward to it though.

Huh! Where did that positive outlook come from? I like it.

My word for the year is "Commitment". This applies mainly to my writing, but I can see how it will apply to regular life as well. I'm keeping it.

It's a quiet day around here. That Man is napping. So is the dog. K4 is at her cousins. We're watching Lord of the Rings, Fellowship. We were supposed to simul-watch like we usually do with my sister, but her kids jumped the gun and, not only that, they started with the wrong movie. Huh!

We did go to my sister's for a little bit last night. Both of us felt like poo after working all day. I worked the latest and then ran around gathering things so I could get up there. We didn't make it long. We were back home before 10. Though, on a whim, we decided to walk downtown to see the wrench drop. I had never been and it was pretty warm out, so why not.

It was fun. Small crowd. Ran into friends and had a blast with them. Walked home and went to bed.

It's so weird though. I really think this is the first New Year we've ever actually been alone on the Eve. And, really, the day too. That Man got up early and started the pork and sauerkraut. I slept in. Nice. Started laundry. Did some household administration stuff and some writing administration stuff. Made pasta salad and put the blackeye peas on to simmer. We took a walk, which was nice. Ran into our neighbor and chatted with her for a few.

Now it's time for me to nap and then I will write.

Let's Go, 2019!!

Behave!

No comments: