Pages

Monday, January 07, 2019

Ugh Monday...

Today was on of those days that felt like we'd already been at work for twelve days. And it wasn't just me. We all said it.

It's freaking cold. And it's supposed to do some winter stuff overnight. We'll see. It's super damp out, but so far nothing. Bah. Come on, Winter! Do your thing! I want snow!

The dog was bad today. We were pretty sure she would be. It's her first day without someone in the house for over three weeks. We made sure the doors were all closed (except for ours, she knows how to open it anyway and she totally unmade our bed and slept under the covers like she does). And that the sink was empty of dishes (she has taken lunch containers out of the sink and eaten them), and that there was nothing she could get into. Or at least we thought. The bag of candy canes... They were for Mr. B. I left them on the counter. There were at least ten of them. I picked 3 up off of the floor... Dang it.

Working on writing group stuff. We have an amazing new board, which I am a part of (but not the part that makes it amazing. Ha!). Everyone is full of ideas and spunk. I've been on the phone and on email every night since the meeting. It's good and productive.

So... Writing. I was working on something on a whim and I've come to the conclusion that it's time to put it away. I'd given myself a deadline to get it done, and while I'm making huge progress, I know I'm not going to make the submission deadline. There's not enough time to finish, edit, critique, etc... So it's time to put it away and go back to my project. I can pick this one up again for the next submission call. I'm only a few weeks behind on it, so I think I'm still in a good place to meet my original goal, or at least get it a week or two after my original plan. So, that's what I'll be doing. My new book comes out in July, so my original plan gives me plenty of time to edit the new release, edit the new book, and make a plan for the next one.

That's all I have! It's writing time and then bed time! Come on, snow!

Behave!

No comments: