Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2019

What a Letdown...

Some storm... Blah!
Yeah we got some snow, but then it turned to rain. Not the up to a foot or more we were told and I wanted. Now it's freaking cold and getting colder. Total disappointment though, weather-wise. Other than that, it's been a pretty decent weekend.

Dinner with friends on Friday. That was a lot of fun and I'm so glad we could all get together. We laughed and talked for a few hours.

Then, I hit the grocery store. It wasn't as crazy as I expected, but they were out of weird things. Luckily, I wasn't in the bread, milk, eggs, and toilet paper crowd. Just needed a few things to get through the potential of not wanting to go anywhere.

Up early Saturday, though I did sleep in a little. That Man had gone to the hardware store for stuff he needed for the snow blower and made sure it was ready to go. I think it was maybe ten minutes after he'd parked it by the back porch that we found out the forecast had changed. He shoved it back into the shed.

We pretty much just hung out - did some laundry. That Man made brunch, which was delicious. K4 decided to go and hang with her cousin for the supposed weather event, leaving us all alone. We both spent a lot of time reading with no television on. Then, when if finally did start snowing, we took a walk and ended up at the pizza shop downtown for dinner. That was a snap decision and a good one. Took our time walking back home. Took up our books again.

Was texting with my old boss who happens to live about 3 blocks away and she ended up coming over for conversation. Work has been pretty stressful and she needed to talk through some stuff. That was fine and we had a lot of other great conversation too.

Today has been very relaxing. I did sleep in, which was awesome. All of the chores were done yesterday. We're still in our jammies. I finished my book. That Man's book is ginormous so he's still reading. We have music on. The dog is sleeping between us. K4 made it home and has disappeared into her room. The wind is crazy. There are candles lit.

I'm not cooking. That Man has to have one of those tests you are forced to have once you hit 50 tomorrow and he's on a clear liquid diet today until he starts his prep for it. I had just planned to find something to eat and hide away to eat it so it didn't bother him, but he seems unaffected at this point. He even offered to cook dinner for K4 and I. Instead, we will be ordering a pizza (and maybe hiding in K4's room to eat it) Ha! I am off work tomorrow to handle That Man after his appointment.

Next is writing or critiquing. Not sure which. I took a complete Internet break yesterday, except for harassing my co-workers on our group page. (I had no choice. It was a necessary and hysterical thing.) Now I have some emails to answer and a newsletter to think about putting together.

And that is all...

Behave!

No comments: